In this tutorial post we will completely guide you that how you can unlock the bootloader on any Sony Xperia device with simple and easy steps, and we will use a windows computer and ADB fastboot tool.
After the successful process of the unlocking you can install any custom Rom or firmware to your latest android phone device Sony Xperia device and you can also flash CWM recovery to your phone.
Techiesprout.com is not responsible for data loss or any kind of damage, problem, bricked device or any other issue during this unlocking bootloader process or after this process.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia
• First of all save your IMEI number of your mobile phone to your computer or write it to any paper before starting this process, if you do not know how to check the IMEI number of your device please follow the instruction below!
Just dial *06# and you will find your cell phone’s IMEI number on screen.
• USB debugging should be enabled of your android smart phone; you can enable this option by following the instruction below!
Menu > Setting > Developer Options > Scroll & find the USB debugging option and tick it to enable this option.
But if you can’t find the developer options in your Sony Xperia device then just follow this instruction below!
Menu > Setting > About Phone > Scroll and find built number and tap on it 7 to 8 times, it will show the developer options in settings menu.
• Download and Install Sony USB drivers to your computer.
• Download and install minimal ADB and fastboot tools.
• Computer with internet connection + USB cable.
Step by Step Instructions to Unlock Sony Xperia Bootloader
1. Turn off your android mobile phone device.
2. Now hold and press the volume up key of your Sony Xperia smart phone and connect it to your computer through a USB cable, after successful connection leave the volume up key.
3. Now open this Sony’s official bootloader website page.
4. Here on this official page you will see a list of models, just find your device model and select your android mobile phone model and click on the continue button.
5. Now you will see a box on the next page just fill the box with your email address and tick on terms and conditions of unlocking bootloader and click on the submit button.
6. After a short time you will be received an email from Sony Xperia just open it and find the link in this email, now just open that link, here you will see an official page by the company where you will enter the IMEI number of your device, (You have saved the IMEI number on your computer or any paper) and click on the submit button.
7. After submitting your IMEI number of Xperia device you will get your boot loader un-locker code that will only work on your device, (this code will not work on any other device).
8. Now copy this code and save it to your computer.
9. Now open the downloaded minimal ADB and fastboot tool and install it on your computer.
10. After the installation just open the minimal ADB and fastboot tool and you will see a command prompt (CMD or DOS) window on your computer screen.
11. Just enter this command in that CMD window, “fastboot devices”
This command will confirm the connectivity of your mobile to your computer.
12. Now give this command in that Dos window “fastboot –I ox0fce oem unlock 0x your boot unlock code”.
Congrats you have successfully unlocked bootloader (boot loader) of your Sony Xperia android mobile phone device, this process was a bit lengthy but it is not much difficult and it will not take your much time, hardly the all boot loader unlocking process will take 10 to 15 minutes in the practical.
So follow these instructions and if you have any problem or difficulty please leave your comment about that, Techies Prout team member will reply and help you as soon as we can.