Today in this page you will learn that how to root the Samsung galaxy J5 model, this is the latest released model from the company and I also like this model so much because of its awesome features with cheap price. After this rooting your device you can install all those apps that need rooting permission to work. We will complete this procedure with the help of Odin application.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy J5
- Windows computer + Your Android phone with the model number of J500G + USB Cable (If your model number is different please do not follow this guide, otherwise you can damage your device.)
- Installed Samsung USB drivers on your windows computer.
- Odin flash application tool (latest version)
- Rooting package
Warning + Disclaimer
- Rooting process can void your phone’s warranty, so think before root your android smart phone.
- TechiesProut.com is not responsible for any damage or data loss in your smart phone during or after this process.
Instructions to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500G)
- First of all download this rooting package file to your computer.
- Now extract this zipped file on your computer’s desktop.
- Also download the Odin application to your computer.
- Now just click on the Odin file and launch this tool on your windows computer.
- Now turn off your device and reboot it to download mode by following this instruction,
Hold press volume down + home + power button until you see a warning message, just press volume up key to continue.
- Now connect your cell phone with your computer via USB cable.
- Now just find and click AP button in Odin tool, if you did not find the AP button then click on PDA button.
- Now browse to the downloaded and extracted folder on your desktop and select the .IMG file and click on the start button.
- It will start a process of rooting in the Odin flash tool and it will be completed in 3 to 5 minutes.
- After the finish of root process you will see a PASS message on the Odin flash tool so just remove your phone from the computer.
You Samsung galaxy J5 (J500G) has been rooted successfully, but your warranty will be void. So guys you have learnt that how to root this device now we are going to tell you that how you can easily unroot your device with some simple steps.
How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500G)
Unroot process can solve your issue that you get in your rooted device and it reset your device to the factory setting.
Requirements to Un-rooting Process
- Windows computer + rooted galaxy J5 (J500G) model.
- Installed Samsung USB drivers, you can find the link of drivers in the top of this page.
- Download Stock Rom; this is the un-rooted operating system files that will be installed on your android smart phone.
- Installed Odin flash tool, find the download link top in this page.
Start Unroot on Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500G)
- Extract the Odin tool and stock Rom zipped files on your desktop.
- Launch the Odin tool on your windows computer.
- Now click on PDA button in Odin flash tool and browse this extracted stock Rom file.
- Uncheck the reparation option in this tool.
- Check the option of auto reboot and F.Reset time in this application.
- Now shut down your phone, and reboot your smart phone into download mode, follow the instruction to go to download mode,
Press and hold volume up + home + Power key until you see a warning message, press volume up button to continue.
- Connect your phone with your computer and press the START button in the Odin flash tool.
- It will show a process on your computer screen and it will be completed in 5 to 6 minutes, and after finishing this process your phone will be rebooted to normal mode automatically.
Congrats, you have unroot your device, now you can root or unroot your Samsung galaxy J5 (J500G) any time. If you liked this tutorial please share this page with your social friends and if you got any issue or want to say something please leave your comments below.