Now the stable Rom 12.1 android lollipop 5.1.1 is available to install and use on the Nexus 4 device, Google did not announced the update of 5.1.1 for Nexus 4 but you can install and taste it on your device by this unofficial custom Rom update. I will also tell you about the major features and specifications of this device, so guys read the post below.
Nexus 4 Specs and Features
This is a good model from the company and it was released in May 2013, with 4.7 inches big display with 8 mega pixels HD rear camera.
Hardware: It has 1.5 GHZ quad core processor made by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro with 2 GB of Ram and it comes with 16 GB internal disk space / storage memory. It has 2100 MAH battery that is not removable.
Display: It has 4.70 inches large touch screen size with 768 x 1280 pixels resolution and its PPI (pixel per inches) rate is 320.
Camera: Its internal camera is 8 mega pixels with a powerful LED flash light and it is very good to take HD pictures and videos. Its front camera is a just 1.3 mega pixel that is not much good to take selfies.
Connectivity Options: It has a wide range of connectivity options like WI-FI, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, WI-FI Direct, GSM, 3G etc, and you can use your Micro-Sim in this (nexus 4) latest android smart phone.
Operating System: It comes with Android 4.2.2 operating system by Google.
Sensors: This device has many sensors in it like Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer, Compass/ Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Gyroscope etc
Requirements to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom Rom on Nexus 4
- Download the stable Custom Rom 12.1
- Download Google Apps – Gapps Package
- Download and install Google Nexus drivers.
Keep in Mind
- Take a full backup of your device data and save it to your computer. You can use any free application by Google play store or you can manually do it.
- TechiesProut.com will not be responsible for any damage or bricked device or any issue / problem in your device and data loss so please take this action on your own behalf.
Steps to Install 12.1 Stable Custom Rom Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Nexus 4
- Download the CM 12.1 stable Rom file of android 5.1.1 lollipop and Google Apps (Gapps package) to your computer.
- Now connect your smart phone device with your computer by a USB cable.
- Now just move these files to the root of the internal storage of your Nexus 4 android device.
- First of all turn off your smart mobile phone and reboot it by this key combination. Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up, release all keys when you see a boot loader message on the screen.
- You can use volume buttons to change the mode of recovery, and use power button to select any option.
- Now you will see some options in the recovery mode, you need to just find and tap on the “Install” option, and browse and select the downloaded Rom file that you have moved in your phone’s memory.
- After the installation completion again tap on the install option and browse the Gapps (Google Apps) file and also install it.
In a short time both packages will be installed on your device, after that just reboot your device to the normal mode.
So guys, it was the simple tutorial to install Custom Rom 12.1 Stable Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in your Nexus 4 android smart phone, but of you are facing any issue you can ask questions to us by leaving your comments below!