In this post you will learn that how you can root the latest smart phone device HTC One Mini 2 because we got many requests from visitors and subscribers to publish this tutorial, so many people want to upgrade their smart phone to a custom Rom update and they need rooted device for that purpose. HTC One Mini 2 is a latest android smart phone that was released in May 2014 and we are also going to tell you about its major specs and features here in this post.
HTC One Mini 2 Specs & Features
Hardware: It has 1.2GHz quad-core processor that’s made by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with 1 GB of Ram. It comes with 6 GB internal storage / phone memory and you can also expand it anytime by using a micro-SD card up to 128 GB, its battery is also much powerful it is 2100 MAH and its weight is just 137 grams.
Display: It has 4.5 inches medium screen size with touch screen with the resolution of 720×180 pixels and the pixel per inch rate (PPI) is 326.
Camera: It has 5 mega pixels front camera and 13 mega pixels back camera, its rear cam has a great HD quality result and also has LED flash light with the rear camera.
Connectivity: It has wide range of connectivity options like WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi Direct, NFC and 3G + 4G supported.
OS: it comes with Android 4.4 KitKat by Google, and in my view 4.4 kitkat is the best version by android.
So guys now I am going to guide you that how you can root your HTC One Mini 2 with some simple and easy steps so just follow the guidelines below, and also read the caution, requirements of this rooting process.
Caution: TechiSprout.com is not responsible for any kind of damage in your HTC One Mini 2 or data loss after following this HTC One Mini 2 rooting tutorial or during this process; you will be responsible for damage in your device or data loss.
Requirements to Rooting HTC One Mini 2
- First of all just create a backup of data of your device and save it on your computer, like images, galleries, contacts, videos etc. you can use any free application for this process and you can download these kinds of applications from Google play store.
- Now download the SuperSU by Chain Fire on your computer.
- Now download the TWRP recovery on your PC.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on your computer.
Steps to Root HTC One Mini 2
- First of all download all three files from the above links on your windows computer.
- Move all those files on your computer’s desktop.
- Now extract the fastboot tool to your windows computer desktop.
- Now enable the USB Debugging on your android smart phone, you can follow this instruction below if you don’t know that how you can enable this android feature.
Instruction: Menu > Setting > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
But if you device is not showing the developers options then just follow this instruction to unlock the feature of developer options in your device.
How to unlock developer options: Menu > Setting > About Phone > scroll and find build number and tap on it 6 to 8 times and your operating system will tell you that now you are developer and the developer options will be shown on your device.
- Now connect your HTC One Mini 2 with your computer through USB cable.
- Now move the SuperSU Zipped file on the root of your mobile phone’s memory.
- Now just open the CMD (DOS) on your windows computer.
Start Menu > write in search option “CMD” and open it.
- After opening this CMD window just put this command, “adb reboot bootloader” then wait and watch on your device to complete this process.
- You can use the volume keys to select the fastboot menu from your HTC one Mini 2.
- Type this command now in the DOS window, “fastboot boot recovery.img” (make sure that you have changed the recovery.img name with your downloaded twrp recovery’s real file name).
It will install the recovery on your device and also enter you to recovery mode.
- When you see that you have entered in the recovery just click on install button.
- Now just click on “browse” and navigate the superSU downloaded file and just wait for the completion of the installation.
- After that just reboot your device from the main menu of recovery menu to normal mode.
Congratulations! You have done all the steps to root HTC One Mini 2 and your android smart phone device has been rooted successfully. Now you can enjoy all root-access applications and also you can upgrade your device’s android versions etc. But if you have any problem in any step then please leave your comment below we will try to solve your issue as soon as we can.