6.0 Marshmallow is a latest version of android operating system by Google that is released recently and the upcoming smart phones are coming with this update and many custom Roms of this version has been released for various smart phone.
This update is not released for the nexus 7 users officially but here in this post I am giving a very good news for the users of Google nexus 7 that now they also can enjoy the taste of this Marshmallow on their device because a developer has released a custom rom of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi devices, and in this tutorial I will completely guide you that how you can easily upgrade the version of your smart phone with this custom rom. This AOSP rom is released by a XDA developer DMITRYGR and all the credits go to him because we are just telling the method to install this update on your device.
This AOSP custom rom is tested by many users and working fine on the nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi devices and I also used it and found that it has better speed and features from lollipop and it is a stable custom version without any bug and issue so you can install it on your devices without any hesitation. But before starting you have install a recovery like TWRP or CWM in your device because we will flash this OS by the help of the recovery.
- This tutorial and all downloadable content is just for Google nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi device only, do not install it on any other device or variant because it will not work on any other device and it can damage your Asus phone.
- TechieSprout.com is not responsible for any kind of fault, bricked, damage or any problem in your device during this upgrade process or after this process; you will be only responsible for anything.
Requirements to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 7
- Create a backup image of your all data of phone like pictures, galleries, videos, contacts etc.
You can also create a backup image by the installed TWRP or CWM recovery options.
You can also create and restore the backup of your Asus nexus 7 on your computer by using free applications from Google play store, but some apps need root access so make sure your device has been rooted before installing root access application.
- Download the Nexus 7 USB drivers on your computer, because we will connect the Asus Nexus 7 with computer in this process.
(If USB drivers already installed on your windows computer then just skip this step.)
- You have need active USB debugging feature to start this upgrade to Android Marshmallow 6.0 process, you can enable this feature by going to Menu > Setting > Developer Options > scroll and find the USB Debugging and just tick on it to enable this feature on your Google Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi device.
- You have needed the 70 to 80 percent of charged battery level of your smart phone.
- Now download these files on your windows computer.
Download AOSP Rom – Download Google Apps
Now just follow the step by step instructions below to enjoy the taste of Google’s android 6.0 Marshmallow update on your nexus 7.0 mobile.
Steps to install Android 6.0 M – Marshmallow on Nexus 7
- So guys now just download the files of AOSP custom rom and (GAPPS) Google Apps package from the above links on your windows computer.
- Now connect your smart phone with your windows computer through a USB cable, and wait for auto detection of your device in your computer and then just move the Android M.zip file to your mobile phone’s root memory.
- Now just remove the USB data cable from your smart phone and disconnect it from the PC, and shutdown the device.
- Now boot your Asus mobile into bootloader mode by press and hold, “Volume Up + Volume Down + Power” buttons till you see the warning message of the Bootloader mode on your device screen.
- Now here just select the bootloader and then select recovery on your smart phone or tablet.
- After getting recovery mode just to Wipe Data > Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now go back to the main menu of recovery option and here you have need to click on tap to install from SD card and browse the Android-M.zip file that you have downloaded and moved to your smart phone or tablet’s root memory and press the power button to start the installation of this new update on your smart tab or mobile.
- When you see that installation has finished then just go back to recovery menu and tap on reboot. Your device will be rebooted in a few minutes and it will take some time only on just first startup not always.
- Now connect your device with your computer again and move the second downloaded file of Gapp in the root folder of your smart phone device or tablet and after that remove the phone from the computer and shutdown your handset again.
- Now boot your handset into the recovery mode and tap on the install from the SD card and browse the Gapps zipped file and press the power button to install gapps on Asus Nexus 7, in some minute it will be installed on your mobile and now you have need to go back to main menu of recovery mode and just tap on the reboot.
So guys you have completed all the steps and your Asus Nexus 7 device is now updated on Andorid 6.0 Marshmallow by AOSP custom rom by DMITRYGR and now you can use its new installed features.