Hello guys, today here in this tutorial post I have good news for the users of Samsung galaxy alpha G850F international variant that now they can update the operating system of android on lollipop 5.0.2 version. This update has announced officially for this smart phone so you can do it easily by going to software updates > “Check Updates” option in your smart phone, but if you can’t find this update on your smart phone and you cannot wait for OTA then no problem because here we are going to guide you to install this update in your Samsung Galaxy Alpha G805F manually with some easy and simple steps and you can download the official rom files from this page.
Requirements to install Update of Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Galaxy Alpha
- First of all take a complete backup of your smart phone;s data and your personal data also like your contacts, your pictures or images and galleries etc because all the data will be removed after this installation.
You can also create a backup of your all data automatically by installing a free application from Google play store like “Auto Backups”.
- Before starting make sure that you have 60 to 75 percent charged battery level on your device.
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the USB drivers of your device on your computer. You can download the USB drivers for this device from this link.
- Recheck your device’s model and match it to the G850F, because this tutorial and instruction will not work on any other device and it can damage your device you installed it on any other model.
- Windows computer + USB cable
- Download these required files on your windows computer.
Lollipop G850FXXU2COD4 – Odin flashing tool (latest version)
Caution: TechieSprout.com is not responsible for any kind of issue or problem in your device; you will be responsible for any kind of issue or data loss.
Now just follow these steps to install this official update of Android lollipop 5.0.2 on your smart phone “Galaxy alpha G850F”.
Steps to Update Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Galaxy Alpha G850F
- First of all download the official firmware from the above link and move it to your desktop. Now download the Odin application tool also and move it on your windows computer’s desktop.
- Now extract both files on your computer.
- Now open the Odin application tool on your windows computer
- Now power of your device and boot it in to download mode, you can follow the step to go to download mode.
How to boot into download mode: Power off your device now press and hold “Volume Down + Power + Home” keys until you see earning message on your smart phone’s screen.
- Now after booting your device in to download mode now just connect your smart phone with your windows computer through a compatible USB cable.
- After detecting your device in the Odin tool just click on the AP button in Odin flashing tool and browse the firmware file from your desktop and click on the “START” button.
- It will start installing the new lollipop android 5.0.2 update on your Samsung galaxy G850F and in a short time it will be installed and your smart phone will be updated on the new version of android and you will get a “PASS” message in the Odin flashing tool.
- Now just remove your device from your computer and reboot it.
Congratulation! You have completed all these steps and your device is now on lollipop if you want to ask anything about this process please contact us by leaving your comments below.