Nexus 5X is the upgraded version of Google nexus 5 device and it comes with locked bootloader and in this post we will guide you that how you can unlock the bootloader of Google Nexus 5X with easy steps, and we will use windows computer, minimal ADB and fastboot tool utility application for this process.
After the unlocking of bootloader you can update your android version of smart phone on any latest version like, Lollipop 5.0.1 or Marshmallow 6.0 etc and you can also downgrade it. If you want to remove pre-installed applications from your device so you have need root access for this process and to get root access you have need to unlock the bootloader of your phone first. (How to Root Nexus 5)
LG Google Nexus 5X Specs & Features
This smart phone has good features and specifications and it was launched in October 2013, the touch screen size is 4.95 inches with full HD resolution of 1080×1920 and pixels per inch rate is 445 that will give you a high quality video display on your device’s screen. LG Google Nexus 5X comes with a high speed processer 2.26 GHZ quad core and the Ram is 2 GB that will give you a high speed performance on all applications and all the games will run smoothly on this android smart phone.
Its internal memory is 16 GB but one thing is bad in this phone that you cannot expand its storage memory; this model has not option to insert a memory card. It has 8 mega pixels rear camera and the selfie camera is just 1.3 mega pixel that is not enough for good quality pictures and selfies.
I liked its android version because it comes with android 4.4.4 kitkat that is well liked and bug free version of this operating system. It comes with 2600 MAH battery and you can remove and change this battery any time because the battery is removable in this model. One more thing is very good of this phone that is has just 130 grams of weight and you can handle it in your hands or pocket easily.
This smart phone has just 1 SIM connection option so if you are looking for a dual-SIM handset then this mobile is not for you. This cell phone has many of sensors like Compass/ Magnetometer, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer and some others also.
TechieSprout.com is not responsible for any kind of problem / issue, bricked device or data loss after following this process of during this unlocking process and you will be responsible for any issue and damage in your LG Google Nexus 5X device.
Requirements to unlock BootLoader on Nexus 5X
- I always say that first of all take the full backup of your device before starting these kinds of processes, so create a backup image of your smart phone’s data and your personal data and do not forget to create a backup of your contacts. You can use any free backups and restore application from Google play store and that app will automatically create the backups and you can save it on your windows computer and after the unlocking the bootloader you can restore this backup on your smart phone again with a simple procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging on your device, If you don’t know that how to enable it you can follow the short instruction below!
How to Enable USB Debugging: Menu > Setting > About Phone > scroll and find the option of build number and tap on it 6 to 8 times with speed and it will enable the developer option on your android system and now again go to Menu > Setting > Developer Options > scroll and find the USB Debugging and tap on it to enable this feature.
- Before starting make sure that your LG Google Nexus 5X has 70 to 80 percent of charged battery level.
- Download the Minimal ADB and FastBoot Tool and install it on your windows computer. Please follow the link to download this application tool on your PC, Download Minimal ADB and FastBoot Tool.
After fulfilling these requirements you can start the unlocking process that’s all methods is given below.
Unlock bootloader on Google LG Nexus 5X
- Turn off your device and get it into fastboot mode, you can boot your smart phone in to fastboot mode by pressing Volume Up + Power buttons at same time and hold press these buttons till you see a message of fast boot mode.
- Open minimal ADB and fatboot tool on your PC and connect your device with your windows computer through a USB cable and minimal ADB tool will automatically detect your smart phone’s drivers in a short time.
- Now open the CMD (Command Prompt Window) and give this command in the DOS window, “fastboot devices”
it will show the all connected devices with your computer so you can verify the connection between your mobile and your computer by this command.
- Now give this command in that window, “fastboot OEM unlock” after giving this command you will see a message on your smart phone just select yes to accept it, and wait just some seconds for completion of this process and after that just reboot your device to normal mode and remove the USB cable from your LG Google Nexus 5X.
Congratulation! You have completed all the steps successfully and your latest android smart phone’s bootloader has been unlocked. Do not forget to share and like this page if you have liked our effort.