Samsung galaxy S5 is a latest android smart phone and here in this post I am going to guide you that how to root Samsung galaxy S5 device and we will use PhilZ Touch Recovery and Odin flashing tool to get access of rooting. After access of the root you can install custom Roms in this android smart phone like Paranoid, CyanogenMod, AOKP etc and also you will get many other features in your device like there are many applications those need the rooting permission before install like Titanium backup application and you can also remove the pre-installed useless applications from your Samsung Galaxy S5 android smart phone device.
This rooting tutorial will work with all variants of this device like SM-G900F International, SM-G900P Sprint, SM-G900R4 US Cellular, SM-G900M South America & Middle East, SM-G900T T-Mobile, SM-G900T1 Metro PCS, SM-G900W8 Canadian.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
- Before start make sure that you have created a full backup of your smart phone’s data and your own personal data like contacts, images, galleries etc. You can also use a free backup’s application from Google play store.
- Make sure that you have 60 to 70 percent of charged battery level of your device’s battery.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Computer + Your Smart phone device + Compatible USB Cable.
Your mobile phone’s official warranty will be void after getting rooting access.
TechieSprout.com is not responsible for any kind of damage, problem, bricked device or data loss and you will be responsible for any issue during this process or after this problem.
So guys now we are going to starting this rooting process so just follow the step by step instructions below!
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S5
- First of all connect your smart phone with your windows computer through a compatible USB cable; you can use 2.0 or 3.0 USB for this process.
- Now download the SuperSU update version 1.94.
- Now just copy this zipped file to your smart phone’s internal root memory and do not unzip this file.
- Now turn off your device and get it into download mode, you can follow this short instruction to get your device in to download mode.Power off your smart phone, now hold and press Volume down + Power + Home buttons, you will see a warning message just press volume up button to bypass it and your device will be reached in the download mode.
- Now download the Odin3v185.zip and PhilZ Touch Recovery by these following links.Download Odin3v185.zip
- Now unzip this Odin tool file and run the .exe file to launch this tool on your windows computer.
- Now in the Com:Port you will see green color that is verifying that your device has been detected.
- Now just click on PDA and browse the downloaded file “philz_touch_6.26.6-klte.tar.md5” and click on the start button and it will be completed in just few seconds, and it will give a PASS message that’s means you have installed recovery in your Samsung Galaxy S5 successfully.
- Now unplug your device from computer and get it into the recovery mode. Just follow the short instruction to get recovery mode.Press and hold the volume up, home button and power button for 10 to 15 seconds and you will see a purple colored menu that means you have entered in the recovery mode’s menu.
- Now just tap on the install zip and now tap on choose zip from SD/Root memory and now locate the SuperSU file that you have moved to your smart phon’s internal memory and choose yes to install it.
- After installation of SuperSU just go back to main menu of recovery mode and tap on the reboot system now.
- Now go to your Samsung galaxy S5 menu and here you can see a new icon of SuperSU just launch this new application and press OK when it asks for disable KNOX.
So guys we have completed all the steps and our device has been rooted successfully, now you can install custom roms and also use other new features after this process, you can also verify your smart phone’s root status by installing a root checker application from Google play store on your latest android device Samsung galaxy S5.