Hello all Google Nexus 6 users! We have good news for you that the official new Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image files are now ready for all the Nexus 6 devices. In this post, we will tell you how to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Factory Image for Google Nexus 6.
Android 7.1.1 adds newest Android features for your handset including: new emoji, Smart Storage, Support Google tab, Doze mode, app shortcuts, reset button in power menu, and so many more.
Before flashing, you need to check the following requirements:
- This Nougat Factory Image is only for Google Nexus 6. If you flash it on any other Android devices, it can get bricked the device.
- It will wipe all the data inside the internal memory, so make sure you should make a full backup first.
- Your computer needs to install Android SDK and Google usb drivers
- Turn on the USB Debugging and the OEM Unlock option from the Nexus 6 Developer Options
- Charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure there is nothing wrong happen during installing Nougat Factory Image process.
- Note that we don’t take responsible in case you brick the device, or you lose any important data files in the process.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for the Nexus 6
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image from here.
- Once downloaded, extract the file and move it to the platform-tools
(It can be obtained while setting up the Android SDK tool on your computer).
- Power off your Nexus 6
- Enter the Nexus 6 in Fastboot Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. If your computer cannot recognize your device, you have to reinstall the Google USB drivers.
- Open Platform-tools folder and launch the cmd here by pressing and holding the Shift key while and right clicking on any blank space on the screen
( Unlock the bootloader of your handset by typing fastboot flashing unlock. Then confirm the process.)
- Back to platform-tools folder; double click on the flash-all.batscript to start the flashing process. Then, you confirm the installation.
- After installing the Android 7.1.1 Factory Image has done, just unplug the USB cable and reboot your Nexus 6 in normal mode.
These are all the steps that you need to do to flash the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Factory Image for your Google Nexus 6. If you get any issues, feel free to leave your comments in the section below.