After a long wait having to experience the Android Nougat Beta software, all the OnePlus 3 users can now install the official Android 7.0 Nougat on your device. Although the OTA file is already available, your phone has not yet received the OTA package update due to certain reasons, simply follow the given steps to learn how to update manually your OnePlus 3 to the official Android 7.0 Nougat OS. This this update package is compatible with all the OnePlus 3 smartphone and it will not cause the warranty loss, bugs, or get bricked for your device. Let’s see how to update!
But before installing the official Android 7.0 Nougat update, you need to keep in mind something:
- Your smartphone shouldn’t be rooted or tweaked in any app and must run on a fresh stock firmware
- Remember to make a full backup of your important data to avoid unwanted issues during the update process
- A computer already installed Android SDK toolkit
- Your computer also needs to install the OnePlus 3 USB driver for easily connecting
- Keep your device battery at least 60% battery left to ensure nothing wrong happens during flashing the update
- Turn on the Developer Option on your handset by tapping 7 times repeatedly on Built Number from Settings > About Phone, then back to enable USB Debugging.
Steps to update
- Download the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 firmware file from here on your computer and place it on the desktop
- Then, connect your OnePlus 3 with your computer and transfer this file on your OnePlus 3.
- On your PC, go to the Android SDK folder you pre-installed, and open a cmd window by pressing and holding the Shift keyboard key while right-clicking on any blank space.
- In the cmd window, enter: “adb reboot recovery”; wait for your phone to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Next, still in the same cmd widnow, enter: “adb sideload ROM_name.zip”.
- The Nougat firmware will be automatically installed now on your device
- Once done, reboot your OnePlus 3 and enjoy the Nougat firmware.
Congratulation! You have now successfully installed the official Android 7.0 Nougat update on your OnePlus 3. In case of any issues, feel free to bring us back in the comment below. We shall share solutions for you.