Great news for all Sony Xperia Z3 Compact users! As you know your smartphone’s Android version has stopped Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS any since then your device don’t receive any update from Sony to update to higher Android version. That’s a pity but your Xperia Z3 Compact can now taste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS features. Wonder How! The Sony Xperia Z3 Compact can now get this opportunity with the CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM. You will have all new Nougat features on your handset and its performance and reliability over stock Android will increase. Below there is a step-by-step guide to flash the CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Smartphone.
The CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM is still in the development and it’s recommended only for the advanced Android users. If you are not an advanced Android user and don’t have any idea on Android tweaking, then you must not take your own risk. As this an unofficial ROM, your Sony Smartphone will void warranty and might even get bugged or bricked due to the update, for which you will have to be responsible yourself.
Before installing the Custom ROM update, you have to root your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Smartphone and then you need to install the latest Custom Recovery (TWRP) on it. Also you need to create a complete backup of your data before update. Also install the Sony Xperia Z3 compact drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset. Make sure to maintain at least 50% power battery left to avoid unpleasant issues during the update.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your Sony Xperia Z3Smartphone.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC using an original USB and transfer both the downloaded files to the SD card/internal storage of your Smartphone.
- Then switch off your Sony Xperia Z3, unplug the USB cable and put your Sony Z3 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding power key for a few moments. When the LED notification lights turn on, press several times Volume Up or Volume Down buttons to enter the recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “wipe cache partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. To start installation, tap on the “install zip from SD card” and select the CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM file.
- After that, swipe to start the installation process. Wait until the installation process is finished.
- Follow the same procedure to install GApps on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
- Once done, return to the TWRP mode menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do! Now you have successfully flashed the CarbonROM 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Following the steps, you can easily finish the update process and should not face any issues. If you still face any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try out a solution for you.