You have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet and you want to install the latest TWRP Recovery on your device running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Installing the TWRP on your Tab A9.7 can remove the factory restrictions and allow you to customize your device as the way you want. Because the device comes with a stock recovery image, so it makes the minimal access after providing your access to make changes within your Android OS. But by updating your device with a Custom recovery, you can customize your Galaxy Tab A9.7 as your hobby.
This latest Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 carries the version number 220.127.116.11 and has been developed by the TWRP Team, so it will not cause any issues in your Galaxy Tab A 9.7. If you are interested in installing this stable Custom Recovery image on your device, then just follow the given steps in this article. Make sure not to skip a single step as it might end in bricking or bugging your device.
The tutorial is distinctively prepared for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A9.7 model numbers T550, T555, P550 and P555, so you must not use it for any other device as doing this can make your device get certain bricks and bugs.
Moreover, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 following the given tutorial is your sole responsibility and we will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss or other issues of your device, that might occur during the installation. So, you are highly recommended to read and understand the article properly before you start the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
- One Windows computer
- Original Data Cable to connect your Tab A9.7 with your computer.
- Samsung USB driver pre- installed on your computer
- Make a full backup of all important data of your device
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Option of your Tab A9.
- Before starting the installation, ensure that your device has at least 50% battery left to keep out of unwanted issues.
Now follow the Step-By-Step-Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 device.
Steps to Update
- First, download the TWRP Recovery package (for the T550 model here; for the T555 model this page, for the P550 here and for the P555 go this page) and save it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip then unzip it.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 into Odin mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing the trio Volume Down, Power Button & Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your device into Odin mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now launch Odin and you will the button-left corner of Odin display a message after the connection is successful.
- Click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted TWRP Recovery folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next, choose the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 3-4 minutes. Wait until your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 reboots.
You will not face any issues following the given procedure to flash the TWRP File on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7. Still you face any issues, ping us back in the comment section, we shall share some solutions for you.