Good news for the Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone users. Now the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage OS ROM is available for your handset. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage build and will bring you the best Android Nougat experience by adding the new Lineage Custom ROM features on your device.
Here is a step-by-step guide for you to lead you through the update. Of course, it’s bit tough for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean that the new Nougat Custom ROM is not for you. Before initiating the Custom ROM update, you need to have a detailed knowledge of the update process below.
Before installing to the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone and install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to make a complete backup of your important data before starting the process. Besides, don’t forget to install the Sony USB drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Make sure to keep at least 60% power left in your Z5 device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked or bugs.
The new Lineage Custom ROM update is especially meant for the Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone, so you should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility if there is any issue or bug during the update.
Steps to Update Android 7.1.1 on Sony Xperia Z5
- First of all download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Custom ROM, Kernel file and then the Gapps file for your Sony Xperia Z5.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer all downloaded files to the internal / microSD card storage of your device.
- Then switch off your Sony Xperia Z5, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Xperia Z5. To start installation, click on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Nougat Custom ROM file that you moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process. Wait still it ‘s done.
- Follow the same procedure to install Kernel and Gapps files on your Sony XperiaZ5 Smartphone.
- After the successful installation of three files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and press “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Xperia Z5 would start right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to experience the Android 7.1.1. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Xperia Z5 post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issues.