Hello all Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge users! If you feel boring with Grace UI layout and stock Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS on your handset, we now have a new completely ROM for you. That’s Flyme OS 6 Rom. So, if you want to test this Android powered Rom by yourself and want to enjoy a custom experience on your phone, then you should follow this given step by step update guide.
But before installing to the Custom ROM update, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone and install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to create a full backup of your important data before starting the process. Besides, don’t forget to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Make sure to keep at least 60% power left in your S7 Edge device to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked or bugs.
The new Flyme OS 6 ROM update is especially only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone, so you should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility for warranty loss, any issue or bug during the update.
Steps to Install Flyme OS 6 ROM on Galaxy S7 Edge
- First of all, download Flyme OS 6 ROM from here and then the Gapps file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer all downloaded files to the internal storage / microSD card of your handset.
- Then switch off your Galaxy S7 Edge, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Home + Power button at a time for a few seconds, then press Volume Down again to enter the custom recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your S7 Edge. To start installation, click on the “install zip from SD card” and select the Flyme OS 6 ROM file that you moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it’s done.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps files on your Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone.
- After the successful installation of three files, return to the Recovery mode menu, and press “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your S7 Edge would start right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to experience the Flyme OS 6. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your Galaxy S7 Edge in post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issues.