Nextbit Robin smartphone users can now update their device based Android 7.1.1 Nougat LineageOS custom ROM which is modified version of CyanogenMod. Installing this ROM will add features and tweaks that will help your device run smoother. This great ROM has several other features lying so you should learn how to get it installed now.
Before starting the update, you must create a Nandroid backup for your Nextbit Robin. But your Smartphone need to be rooted, unlock boot loader and install with the latest Custom Recovery image first. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone for this update; else, this might create hindrance on your installation process. You should install the Nextbit Robin drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone could face some issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the Lineage ROM and Gapps for your Nextbit Robin Smartphone.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the inbuilt storage of your device. After switching off your handset, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to clear out data and cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your internal storage. Install the Lineage OS Rom and the Gapps on your Nextbit Robin
- Wait still the files are flashed on your device.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait till your device reboots. Once rebooted, your Nextbit Robin will be all ready to taste the new Android Nougat Lineage OS Rom. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting Techiesprout for latest Android updates, rooting and news.