Hello Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F users! Get set to multiply your mobile fun. As we have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new firmware update with the build name A810FOJV1APL1 for the said handset. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via A810FOJV1APL1 firmware. Isn’t it a great news? The update has been rolled out in for galaxy A8 international model.
We know you love your Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F, but we think it will be better once you flash the latest firmware on your handset. If you are a proud owner of the said handset and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, before doing that, you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, you need to check the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F and flashing it on other devices might brick your device. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the installation. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F should be created a good backup before the update as it would erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung USB drivers to help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate to Settings and tap on Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 65% power back up before starting the update.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A8 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- At first download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow A810FOJV1APL1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F and extract it on your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy A8 into download mode by powering off the device first and then pressing the ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button together. Then press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to boot your device into the download mode.
- Connect your Smartphone to your PC using an USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow A810FOJV1APL1 folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A8 restarts.
That’s it! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A810F to its latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Now experience the enriched Marshmallow features in your Samsung Galaxy A8 Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We will definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting Techiesprout.