The Android 7.0 official Nougat update is now being rolled for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. This update from Samsung for all T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge users comes through OTA. But if users have not got the update notification yet and are in a hurry to taste Android Nougat, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app. But before that you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure.
This update is only meant for the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge, so you must not use it not any other device. Next, your Smartphone needs not be running the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the below give steps on your Smartphone. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you will have to perform a factory reset on your device. But in case any issues you faced during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and hence we will not be blamed.
Before you perform the firmware update, remember to meet the requirements. Among the pre-requirements, making a full backup of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the most important as there are many chances of losing all data during the update. Secondly, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge. Finally, keep at least 60% power left on your handset so that your device will not switch off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge G935T
- First of all download the Android Nougat G935TUVU4BQB1 file and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge into download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. A warning massage will appear on your screen. Then, press the Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it gets connected successfully to your PC, Odin will appear a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Remember to uncheck the re-partition box.
- Then, check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update is finished.
Once the update is complete, your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will reboot and then you can check the Android 7.0 Nougat version at the About Device section. . In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We will definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting Techiesprout.