Dear all Moto G4 users! Today, we have a good news for you. Guess what! Your Moto G4 Smartphone can now update to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat with LineageOS Rom. This Rom is based on the latest build of Android 7.1 Nougat build & adds a number of new features to your device. Here is how to update your Moto G4 Smartphone with the Android Nougat LineageOS ROM.
First, your device needs to be installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before proceeding. Besides, you need to create a full backup for your handset as your device data can vanish during the update. Among other important requirements, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 50% power left to avoid unexpected issues during the Custom ROM update. And before performing the installation, note that we won’t remain responsible, so just proceed the update if you really dare to take your own risk. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage ROM on Moto G4.
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS Rom on Moto G4
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage ROM & Gapps for your Moto G4
- Then, plug your device into your PC using an USB cable and then transfer the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your handset. After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable, and put it into the recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Moto G4.
- Then select the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the LineageROM. zip from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and continue to flash the Google Apps package
- Once the process is finished, back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you need to do! Wait for your Moto G4 to reboot. Great! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your handset. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.