Hello Sprint Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P users! We have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new security update with the build name N920PVPS3BQA1 for your handset. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via N920PVPS3BQA Firmware version. The Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P is the highest flagship smartphone of Samsung in Note series until now with a number of high-end features and the security update brings a lot of improvements with existing bug fixes, and the Android security fixes for the month of February for your Note 5 Sprint.
We know you must love your Sprint Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P, but we think it will be better once you flash the latest update on your handset. If you want to upgrade further your Smartphone, then we are here with the given steps for you. Follow these steps in this guide and you can easily update your device with the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. However, before doing that you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and any important data are not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P should be backed up before the update, as it might format all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable for the update are also required.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- Then, enable USB Debugging Option by go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow file for your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.12.zip, here
- Then put your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ Button at the same time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your device handset into the download mode.
- Then plug your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your handset to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow N920PVPS3BQA folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 reboots.
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-G920P to its latest security update. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting Techiesprout.com.