ZTE Axon 7 smartphone users can now update your device to Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS custom ROM which is modified version of CyanogenMod. Installing this ROM will add features and tweaks that will help your device run smoother. This great ROM has several other features that help your ZTE Axon 7 better, so you should learn how to get it installed now.
But before starting the update, you must create a Nandroid backup for your ZTE Axon 7. Also, your Smartphone need to be rooted, and installed the latest Custom Recovery image first. Among the pre-requirements, you need to disable all Antivirus programs on your Smartphone for this update; else, this might create unwanted issues during the installation process. You should install the ZTE Axon 7 drivers on your PC as well, to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone could face some issues or might entertain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the Lineage ROM and Gapps for your ZTE Axon 7Smartphone.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer the Lineage ROM and the Gapps file you downloaded into the internal/sd card storage of your device. After switching off your handset, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe dalvik cache options from recovery mode menu to format data and cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your device’s storage. Install the Lineage OS Rom and the Gapps on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your device.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait till your device reboots. Once rebooted, your ZTE Axon 7 will be all ready to taste the new Android Nougat Lineage OS Rom. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues, but if you face any problem, remember to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting Techiesprout.com for latest Android updates, rooting, and news.