The Android 7.0 official Nougat update is now being rolled for all models of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F in South East Europe. This update from Samsung for the Galaxy S7 Edge users comes through OTA. But if you have not received the update notification yet and are in a hurry to taste Android Nougat, then you can try the alternate method that is using the ODIN app. However, before doing that, you need to check out the pre-requirements and steps for this update procedure.
This update is only meant for the Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F, so you must not use it not any other device. Next, your Smartphone needs not be running the stock Android OS, if not, you should not follow the given steps below on your device. If your Smartphone is running on any Custom ROM, then you will have to perform a factory reset on your device. In case any issues you face during the update process, then this will be your responsibility and we will not remain responsible.
Before you start the firmware update, remember to meet all requirements. Among the pre-requirements, creating a full backup of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the most important as there are many chances of losing all data on your smartphone after the update. Then, you need to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. Next, enable the USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S7 Edge. Finally, keep at least 60% power left on your handset so that your device will not switch off during the update or gets corrupted.
Steps to Update
Now follow these steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat G935FXXU1DQB7 file and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, put your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge into download mode by pressing and holding its Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time, then a warning massage will appear on your screen, just press Volume Up button to boot your device into Download mode.
- Plug your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your computer using a USB cable and launch Odin. After the connection to your PC is successful, Odin will display a massage in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Ensure to uncheck the re-partition box.
- Now check the box next to the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will start now and take around 15-20 minutes. Wait still the update process is finished.
Once the process is completed, your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know in case you faced any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.