Hello Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD users! Today, we have a good news for you. Samsung has rolled a new firmware update with the build name G930FXXU1DQB7 for your handset. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat via Firmware. The update has been rolled out for all Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD models. The Galaxy S7 is Samsung’s highest flagship smartphone until now with a number of high-end features and the update is expected to bring a number of improvements with existing bug fixes for your S7 SM-G930FD.
If you love your handset and want to further upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. Follow the steps given in this guide and you can easily update your device with the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before that you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone before starting the update as this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD Smartphone and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick the device. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD should be backed up completely before the update as it would format all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the installation.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate to Settings and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat G930FXXU1DQB7 file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.10.zip, here
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD into download mode by first powering off the phone and then holding & pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at a time. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as you see a warning message appearing on the screen to boot your device into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable and launch Odin app
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now, click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat G930FXXU1DQB7 folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait for your Samsung Galaxy S7 to restart.
Congratulation! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S7 to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest Nougat features with GraceUX layout in your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.