Dear all OnePlus 3T users! If you feel boring with Oxygen stock Android OS on your handset, we now have a new completely ROM for you. That’s Pixel Experience ROM. So, if you want to test this Android powered Rom by yourself and want to enjoy all the Google Pixel features, apps and capabilities to your own OnePlus 3T, then you should follow this given step by step update guide.
But before installing to the Pixel Experience ROM update, you need to root your OnePlus 3T Smartphone and install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM). Also you need to create a full backup of your important data before starting the process. Besides, make sure to keep at least 60% power left in your OnePlus 3T to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked or bugs.
The new Pixel Experience ROM update is only meant for the OnePlus 3T Smartphone, so you should not be used in any other devices. It’s all your responsibility to proceed to the update as we shall never take responsibility for warranty loss, any issue or bug during the update.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 3T
- First of all, download Pixel Experience ROM from here and then the Gapps file for your OnePlus 3T.
- After that, enable the USB Debugging option on your device.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer all downloaded files to the internal storage of your handset.
- Then switch off your OnePlus 3T, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by press-holding the Power and the Volume Down buttons for a few seconds to enter the custom recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your OnePlus 3T. To start installation, tap on the “Install” and select the Pixel Experience ROM file that you moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it’s done.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps files on your OnePlus 3T Smartphone.
- Once the installation is successful, return to the Custom Recovery menu, and press “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your OnePlus 3T would start right away without any issues. Once done, you can browse through your handset to experience the Pixel Experience ROM. Definitely let’s know the changes that you mark in your OnePlus 3T in post update. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall find out a solution to your issues.