The Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone can now be updated to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat with LineageOS ROM. This ROM is a free, community build ROM which aims at augmenting the functionalities of your Samsung Galaxy S6. The Custom ROM is based on the latest Lineage14.1 build & adds a number of improvements to your handset. Now in this post, we shall show you step-by-step guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone to the Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM.
As this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your Samsung Galaxy S6 might occur issues, which you might have never faced previously. We will not remain responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself. Before starting the update process, you need to meet the pre-requirements. Your Samsung Galaxy S6 needs to be rooted and installed with the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery . Apart, you need to make a complete backup for your Galaxy S6 as your data might vanish during the update. You must install the Samsung USB drivers on your device to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update and after disable it. Among other important needs, maintain at least 60% power left to avoid unexpected shutdown during flashing the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6
Steps to flash Android 7.1 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS ROM & Gapps files for your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your PC using a USB cable and move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps files to the internal storage of your device. After that, power off your Samsung Galaxy S6, unplug the USB cable and put it into recovery mode by pressing & holding its Volume Up, Power and Home Button altogether. After that, press the Volume Down Button to boot your device into the custom recovery.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Then select the option “Install .zip file” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card.
- Now install the files one after another in your Android device and wait still the files are flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Once done, return to the recovery menu in your device and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device reboots. Great!! Now you can test the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Samsung Galaxy S6. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.