Samsung has just rolled the Android firmware update with the build name G930VVRU4BQA2 for all Verizon Galaxy S7 users. Now you can further upgrade your devices to the Android 7.0 Nougat via Firmware. The update has been rolled out for all Galaxy S7 SM-G930V models. The Galaxy S7 is Samsung’s highest flagship smartphone until now with a number of high-end features and the Nougat update is expected to bring key Nougat features and a number of improvements with existing bug fixes for your S7 SM-G930V.
If you love your handset and want to upgrade your Smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide to instruct for you. Follow the steps given in this guide to easily update your device to the Android 7.0 Nougat. However, before that you have to meet certain requirements so that your update will not be a failure and you will not lose any important data in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
Check the name and model of your smartphone first before starting the update as this guide is only for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V model and implementing the procedure on other devices might brick the device. Remember, we will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss during the update process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files on your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V need to be backed up before the update as it would format all your important data.
- You also need a computer and an USB cable for the installation.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy USB drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official website of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled at first. To enable USB, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power left before initiating the update.
Steps to Update
- At first, download the Android 7.0 Nougat G930VVRU4BQA2 file for your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.12.zip from here .
- Then put your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V into download mode by first powering off the phone and then holding & pressing the ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button altogether. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button as you see a warning message appearing on the screen.
- Plug your Smartphone into your PC via USB cable and launch Odin app
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of your Galaxy Smartphone to your PC is successful.
- Now, click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 7.0 Nougat G930VVRU4BQA2 folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 15-20 minutes. Wait for your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 to restart.
Congratulation! You have now updated your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 to its latest Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Now experience the latest Nougat features with Grace UX interface in your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.