You have updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat and you want to get the root access on your device to flash custom ROMs, install custom recovery images, install custom kernels and more.., but the old root solutions have not been compatible any more when updating to the Android Nougat firmware, so we’re here to help you. Once rooted, not only can you do these above things, but your android device will also be enhanced to the next level. Your device will be speed up and the existing bugs and lags will be easily fixed. Also you can customize the phone as per your requirement along with the new Samsung Grace UX, can speed up your web browsing experience and fix the other existing issues in your device.
But before performing the process, we must tell you that the rooting is solely your own risk. We will never take responsible for any sort of issues created in your Smartphone during the rooting process. So make sure that you read and understand the procedure well before starting the procedure.
- One Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone (SM-G925F) pre-installed TWRP recovery
- One PC pre-installed with latest Samsung USB driver to help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- An USB cable for the connection
- Back up all data of your device data to avoid getting lost during the rooting process.
- At least 50% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Disable the antivirus program in your PC in case it blocks the root file
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat
- At first download the root file for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and then move it into the internal storage of your device.
- After that, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+ Power + Home Buttons altogether. Then press the Volume Down button to boot your device into Custom Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and select the root package that you moved to your internal storage.
- Now flash the file and wait still it is flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Once the process is completed, go back to the Main Recovery Menu in your device, and select “reboot system now.”
Now you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925. In case of any issues, ping us back via the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you.