A brand new Nougat Custom ROM just recently went on floors for the Sprint LG G3 LS990 Smartphone users. You can now flash the Android 7.1.1 on your Smartphone and this new ROM build was based on Lineage OS. Several Lineage OS builds have been already rolled out for other Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S6, the HTC One M9 and now it comes to your Sprint LG G3 LS990. But how to flash this firmware on your Smartphone? It’s very easy, in this post we’ll show you step-by-step guide to flash this new ROM on your device.
But before starting the update, you must create a Nandroid backup for your Smartphone. Also, your device need to be rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image. Among the pre-requirements, you need to turn off all Antivirus apps on your Smartphone for this update, as this might create hindrance on your installation process. You should install the LG G3 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or get bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Once you are ready, let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download the LineageOS ROM and Gapps for your Sprint LG G3 LS990 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and transfer the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card/internal storage of your device. After turn off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into custom recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, choose three optons: wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then select “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card/internal storage. Install the Lineage OS ROM and the Gapps on your LG G3 LS990
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Sprint LG G3 LS990 Smartphone.
- Once the process is finished, back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait until your device reboots. Once done, your LG G3 LS990 will be all ready to taste the new Android 7.1.1 Lineage OS Rom. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, remember to ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you.