Dear all Samsung Galaxy S3 users! Your device is running outdated Android 4.3 version and you don’t know how to update your SIII to the newer Android OS. Today, we have good news for you. Your handset can now be updated to the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS Rom. In this post, we will show step-by-step guide to flash Android 7.1.1 Rom on your Samsung Galaxy SIII.
Before flashing Android 7.1.1 ROM for your handset, you need to meet some certain requirements first.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300, so if you flash it on any other Android devices, it can end to brick the device.
- It will format all the data inside the internal memory, so you should create a full backup first.
- Charge the battery up to at least 65% to ensure it will not die during installing Rom process.
- You also need a custom recovery such as TWRP, CWM installed on you handset to flash this Rom.
Steps to flash Android 7.1.1 on Galaxy SIII I9300
- Download the Android 7.1.1 LineageOS ROM file as well as Google Gapps for your SIII I9300
- Transfer the downloaded files into the SD card of your handset; remember not to put it in any folder.
- Power off your device and then boot your device into the custom recovery mode. To do that, hold down the Home, Volume up and Power button altogether for a few seconds. After that, press the Volume Down button, and your device now is in custom recovery mode.
- Now, tap on Wipe option, select ‘wipe data, cache, dalvik, system’ and swipe to confirm the selection
- Then, load the firmware by selecting “Install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Now flash the Rom you have put into your device and wait for the process to complete. Once done, you will be asked to reboot, tap on “No” to continue to flash the Gapps package
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the recovery menu, tap on “Reboot system” to restart your device. For the first time booting up, it will take you 10-20 minutes.
That’s all! Your Galaxy SIII I9300 has now been successfully updated to Android 7.1.1. Enjoy the new features on Android Nougat version on your device.