iOS 11 version has officially introduced at WWDC by Apple with a monumental update for iPad. Apple wants its iPad to become a real portable computer with productivity features that help your work finish more easily and more delightfully. One of the thousand new features for iPad is “Key Flicks”. It can help typing on iPad’s QuickType keyboard faster and more funny, too.
Key Flicks includes many of the numbers as well as symbols hidden behind the More Numbers button, and behind a simple swipe gesture. Here is how to use Key Flicks on your iPad’s QuickType keyboard.
Use Key Flicks on iPad’s QuickType keyboard in iOS 11
Using Key Flicks is very simple — you simply flick down on the key to go to the symbol. Here’s how you can using Key Flicks to type your email:
- First, type out the beginning of your email: my.name…
- When typing the @symbol, put your finger on the a key and flick it down. You will now see an @ symbol in your text field.
Is it really simple! In ioS 11, any number or symbol displayed in the QuickType keyboard can be accessed via Key Flicks.
Also read: How to Play Nintendo DS Games on iPhone/iPad
Turn off Key Flicks on iPad’s QuickType keyboard in iOS 11
If you don’t want to use the Key Flicks in iOS 11 anymore, here’s how you can disable it.
- First, launch the Settingsapp on your iPad.
- Tap on General.
- Next, tap Keyboard.
- Toggle the switch next to Enable Key Flicks to disable Key Flicks.
If you don’t see Key Flicks on your iOS 11 iPad, you should make sure the Key Flicks is compatible iPad your model. Here’s the list of iPads supporting with QuickType
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2