Bluetooth is one of the most important features on the Apple Watch along with Wi-Fi. It allows you to pair the Apple watch with your iPhone to get all the features it offers. Moreover, you can also pair your Apple Watch to other accessory such as a wireless headphone or speaker. Although Apple recommends enabling both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features, sometimes Wi-Fi can be turned off. So, Bluetooth should always be turned on to keep the connection between your iPhone and Apple Watch stably.
Unfortunately, some users have reported the poor connectivity issues, and Bluetooth doesn’t always work. So in this post, we’ll share with you the way to fix this issue so that you won’t lose the connection between your Apple Watch and iPhone or other devices.
Fix Apple Watch Bluetooth Not Connecting Issues
- Reset Apple Watch Settings
The first method you can try is putting your Apple Watch back to its factory settings. To do this,
- Go to the Settings app on your Watch
- Choose General > Reset
- Finally tap Erase All Content and Settings
Note: before resetting, you should backup your device first.
- Turn on AirPlane Mode
If removing everything from an Apple Watch is a hassle, there is another way to establish the Bluetooth connection again. That is turning on AirPlane mode:
- First, swipe up from your Apple Watch screen
- Then swipe right to open Control Center
- Toggle the AirPlane Mode icon to On.
Besides turning off Bluetooth, Airplane mode also disables Wi-Fi your Apple Watch. Activating this feature for a few minutes, and then turn it off to bring your Watch to normal state.
Also read: How to use Key Flicks on iPad in iOS 11
- Restart Apple Watch
Last but not least, a quick restart can help to fix a number of issues on your Apple Watch. To do this:
- Press and hold the side button until the “Power Off” slider appears
- Next drag it to the right
- Once the screen goes black, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo comes light.
In most cases, only a restart or unpairing will help the Bluetooth feature on your Apple Watch work as normal .