Along with Siri and Google Now, Microsoft’s Cortana is one of three great voice assistants. However, if you are an Android user and wish to get it on your device, it is not mandatory to have a Windows device to use Cortana rather. Google Now, which is the default voice assistant of every Android device is showing its efficiency in answering all kind of queries. But there might be a time the Android users want to set Cortana on their Android device as the default assistant. Here we have written down the process of setting Cortana as default assistant on Android. So, follow this post and you will be able to get steps.
How To Set Cortana As Default Assistant On Android
Android 5.0 And Older
In case your Android device isrunning on the Android Lollipop 5.0 version and older, you can follow the below instructions to set Cortana as default assistant.
- First download and install Cortana from the Google Play Store for free
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app and you will be asked for signing in with your Microsoft ID and password.
- Next, set other settings such as Calendar, location, lock screen support etc.
- Now go to the Home screen, long press the home button to launch the Assistant.
- It will now appear Google Now and Cortana with Just Now and Always options.
- Choose Cortana and tap ‘Always’ option to set Cortana as default assistant on your phone.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow And Higher
If your device is running the 6.0 Marshmallow or higher version, follow these steps to set Cortana as your default voice assistant.
- First, download and install Cortana from the Google Play store.
- Now back to home screen and go to Settings > Apps.
- Next tap on the cog icon at the top right corner to bring the ‘configure apps’ option. However, depending on each Android phone this option is also different. It can be the Default app settings, or default apps or else apps.
- Finally, tap on the Default apps and head to Assist & voice input> Assist app and choose Cortana. That’s all! the default assistant on your Android phone is now Cortana.