Since the 12.7 update version, Apple has officially removed the App Store from the iTunes. The reason Apple gave to users was that they wanted to make the full focus on entertainment, music, and movies. So many iTunes users have decided to downgrade to the 12.6.3 version. But there is an issue coming from the “iTunes Library.itl cannot be read” error. So follow this post to know how to fix the file iTunes Library.itl error.
The error usually appears when you try to downgrade to lower iTunes version. You will need to do some changes with the newer iTunes Library.itl file created by the 12.7 version. So if you want fix the files Library.itl, just rename the library file.
How To Fix “the File iTunes Library.itl cannot be read” error on Mac
- Make sure you have already uninstalled the current iTunes version (v12.7 or newer) and get the older iTunes version on your Mac.
- Press Command+Shift+G and type ~/Music/iTunes/
Also, Open Finder > Menu > Folder and search ~/Music/iTunes/
- Rename iTunes Library.itl to iTunes Library.old
- Now, find the Previous iTunes Libraries folder and open it. Check in the previous folder for the recent iTunes version.
Note: If you’re not able to locate the Previous iTunes Libraries folder, just quit the Finder and re-launch iTunes. Now, you will see the Previous iTunes Libraries folder.
- Copy the file and paste it into any folder you want
- Head to ~/Music/iTunes/ > Paste the file and rename the file into iTunes itl
That’s all. You have successfully fixed the file iTunes Library.itl error for Mac. Now, move to the fix for the Windows computers.
How To Fix the File iTunes Library.itl Error on Windows Computers
- Go to This PC > Music > iTunes to find iTunes Library.itl
Once you locate the file, just repeat the above steps for Mac because they are the same. Or you can also read the below steps with the same process from the Mac troubleshoot.
- Rename iTunes Library.itl file to iTunes Library.old
- Launch the Previous iTunes Libraries
- Find the most recent version of the iTunes Library file
Note: In case you cannot locate the Previous iTunes Libraries folder, simply close the Explorer and then restart iTunes and you will see that folder.
- Copy and Paste the recent iTunes Library file to any folder you want.
- Go to This PC > Music > iTunes and paste the file that you copied and rename it to iTunes Library.itl
You can now open iTunes version 12.6.3 without any error on your computer. If you could not fix the file iTunes Library.itl error, let’s know in the comment below, we will gladly help you.