It’s no doubt as WhatsApp is now one of the most popular messaging apps. There are currently over 1 billion active users as well as it supports multiple platforms. WhatsApp is a really great app on the smaller screen, but have you ever used it on a bigger screen like on your computer?
The great news is that the developers have already released the web client of this app while a standalone desktop client was launched. Here is the full explanation of the process on how to use Whatsapp on a computer.
How To Use WhatsApp On Computer
If you come to using Whatsapp on your computer, there are three common ways to do it. But before getting started, you should make sure the following requirements.
- Whatsapp is already installed on your phone
- Your phone is connected to the internet
- The computer is connected to Wi-Fi as well.
Method 1: Web Client
- First, open any web browser and visit the web page of the Whatsapp through this link https://web.whatsapp.com/. Once done, there will be a large QR code showing to you.
- Next, open Whatsapp on your phone and navigate to Settings > Whatsapp web. Here scroll down and choose the Scan QR code option.
- Now hold your phone in front of your computer screen, and make sure the camera in the right direction and it will automatically start scanning the QR code.
- Once done, Whatsapp will be opened promptly on your computer and you can then start using it immediately. That’s it, enjoy the Whatsapp on a big screen.
Method 2: Desktop Application
The second method for you to use Whatsapp on the computer comes from the standalone Whatsapp desktop application. This application allows Mac and Windows users to use the instant messaging app on your computer hassle-free. The process is described below.
- First, visit com/download page and download the WhatsApp and then install it.
- If you are a Windows user, extract the .exe file and run it. For Mac users, you need to unzip the file first and then transfer the app to the Application folder.
- Next, there will be big QR code.
- Now launch the WhatsApp app on your phone, and also head to Settings>Whatsapp Desktop.
- Scan the QR code by placing the phone’s camera in front of the computer.
- Once done, Whatsapp will be ready on your computer.
Method 3: BlueStacks Emulator
Another great alternative to use Whatsapp on your computer is through the BlueStacks emulator. Follow the process below to install it.
- First, download and install the BlueStacks emulator on computer (Make sure you have at least 2GB free space).
- Once done, there will be a screen with different options such as game, messaging etc. Choose messaging and click on Whatsapp from the list. You can also search for it in the search bar.
- Click to download and after the downloading process is completed, click on the ‘Agree’ button to continue.
- You will now be asked to enter your country and phone number. Once you complete, the verification process will begin. You will receive a verification code sent to your phone number. Enter that code into the app.
- In case you do not receive the verification code via SMS, you can use the call function to get it.
- Once done, the setup process will start and you can then use the app on your computer.
These are three common ways to use Whatsapp on the computer. You can choose the most convenient method for you. But keep in mind that all processes require you to connect to the internet. Use WhatsApp on a bigger screen by using the keyboard shortcut. You can still use the emojis, GIFs like the mobile version.