What would you do in case you don’t remember your iCloud account password? The best solution might reset the iCloud password or the iCloud email for your account.
If you are in such case, you should not worry because there are various ways to restore your iCloud account in case you forget your iCloud password or email. If you are a newbie, you can send a password recovery email to reset your iCloud account password.
Another solution you can try to reset your iCloud password is using the security questions. Now, let’s take a look at recovery processes before thinking of creating a new iCloud account.
How to use recovery email to restore iCloud account
Here’s how to you can restore your iCloud account with the help of the recovery email
- Launch Safari web browser on your iOS device and visit‘apple.com‘ in the address bar.
- Now, enter your Apple ID and choose the next ‘Forgot Apple ID’ option.
- After entering your Apple ID, choose ‘Reset by Mail’ from ‘Password Reset Options’ to reset iCloud password.
- The email will be sent to your email box. Simply check the recovery email for your Apple ID and then follow the on-screen instructions to reset the iCloud password on your iPhone/ iPad.
Use your Security Questions to Reset iCloud password
You can easily restore your iCloud ID password if you answer the security questions associated with your account. Here’s how to do so:
- First, launch the Safari browser on your iOS device and go to apple.com
- Next, type in your Apple ID email and choose Forgot Apple ID.
- After entering your email ID, tap on ‘Next’ at the top right corner.
- If you can’t access the email, choose the ‘Answer Security Questions’ option.
- Verify your date of birth and choose forward.
- Once you answer all the security questions, tap on ‘Next’.
Now simply choose your new password and select Done to complete the process. You can then log in with the same email and a new password.
Also see: Unlock iPhone X To Use With Any Carrier
Use the Two-step verification
- Launch Safari on your device and visit apple.com
- Type your Apple ID email then choose the Forgot Apple ID.
- Now, tap the ‘Next’ button at the right corner.
- Here, enter the recovery given key and tap on Next. There will be a key provided by Apple for the verification of your device.
- Verify your identity with a trusted Apple device
- Choose ‘Next’ at the right top.
- Now, enter the verification code and tap on ‘Next’ again.
- Enter a new password for your Apple ID and you can then use the new password to sign in your device.
Now you’ll receive an email from Apple to confirm the password change.
If these methods don’t work for you, you have to create a new iCloud account. Follow these steps below to do so:
- Go to Settings -> iCloud -> Apple ID. Enter your birth details and then tap on Next.
- Create a new iCloud account and choose ‘Next.
- Select the details. If you have created a new iCloud email, and choose ‘Next’ > Create.
- If you’re using a current email, confirm that it is your email.
These are methods to reset iCloud password from your iPhone/iPad. Let’s know in the comment.