Sometimes PDF files you download has an encryption, which makes you a little irritated when opening the PDF as it requires a password. But there is a question arising that how can we remove password from PDF files. So, we are now going to share with you some typical methods to help you remove the password of PDF files without having to enter the password every time open the encrypted/password of the protected PDF file.
How to Password from a PDF File
There are several methods to remove password from PDF file if you know the actual password. Let’s check them one by one.
Method 1: Use Chrome Browser to Remove Password from PDF
Here are 3 steps to remove password from a PDF file using Chrome browser.
- Open PDF file and select Print:
Open the PDF file, enter the password and click on Submit. After that, choose Print option or press Ctrl + P on Windows or Cmd + P on Mac.
- Change Destination to Save as PDF
After clicking on Print, there will be an option for changing the destination. Click on Change button to set it to “Save as PDF.”
- Click Save to remove password from PDF file
After clicking on Save. It will save your PDF without the password. You can then use your PDF file without entering the password again.
Method 2: Use OS Default PDF Printer
If you don’t like Google Chrome browser to open the PDF, you can use the inbuilt PDF Printer to remove the password, which is available on your system.
Use Microsoft Print to PDF on Windows
Windows comes with an inbuilt Microsoft Print to PDF option that can help you remove the password of the PDF file. All you need to do is opening the encrypted PDF file on Microsoft edge browser and entering the password to open it. After that, click on Print button on the right-hand side.
Next, under Printer, choose Microsoft Print to PDF and then choose the location to save it. The new file you have just saved will no longer ask for the password.
Use Preview on macOS
If you are using Mac, you can take advantage of the Preview app to open almost of files, including PDF. To do it:
- First, open the encrypted PDF file and enter the password for the first time.
- Now, click on File option in the Menu Bar and choose Print
- Choose PDFbutton and you will see a drop-down list available. Select Save as PDF, name the file and choose the destination to save it. Click on Save and that’s all.
Also see: 3 Andriod Apps for Office Files
Method 3: Use Acrobat Reader Pro to Remove Password
Another way to remove the password of the PDF file is using Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro software. Although it’s a paid app, you can try a week trial of the same. Acrobat Reader Pro allows you to remove the password if none of the above methods works for you. Here is how to use it.
- Open your password protected PDF file in the Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro and enter the password.
- Go to the PermissionDetails button after pressing the Lock Icon.
- Move to the Security Method option and then select the No Security
- Go to File> choose Save to save your changes. Once done, the password will be removed from the original PDF file.
These are all the simple ways to remove the password of PDF file. If you know other methods, let’s know in the comment below.