Nokia 7 was the last device of HMD Global released in 2017. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor along with a 4GB RAM, Nokia 7 is a very great choice in the mid-range smartphone segment. The phone is installed the and features a 5.2-inch touchscreen, a dual SIM support. Although Nokia has brought an impressive design as well as cool features for this model, users are confronting a few problems while using it. Two of them are the overheating and performance issues. So, in this post today, we’ll help you fix these two common issues.
Overheating & Battery Drain Issue
All activities on your device need energy, so this can cause the overheating and fast battery drain issues on your Nokia 7. But if you follow these tips, you can easily avoid this problem.
- Not to expose your phone to direct heat or sunlight for a long time.
- Avoid using your Nokia 7 when it’s being charged. Your processor needs to strengthen to keep up with the activities while it is charging. So, this causes the overheating and battery drain problems.
- Apps come with the features and functions and they will certainly consume a lot of battery. So, you should check which app is consuming excessive battery and then uninstall it. Go to Settings > Battery and check which app is consuming the most power.
- Uninstall the faulty app and try the alternatives. We also recommend you to perform a Factory Reset after uninstalling the apps. To do so,
- Power your Nokia 7 off
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Up keys
- Once you see Recovery mode, release the buttons
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate to the Factory Reset/ Wipe Data options. Use the Power button to confirm
- Move to a prompt saying Yes—Delete All User Data using the Volume Down button and then confirm your action
- Your device will start deleting all data
- Once done, choose Reboot System Now.
- The high-resolution video streaming might also cause the overheating and fast battery drain issues. Choose the lower resolution to stream the online videos.
Performance problems are the only thing that Nokia 7 users are facing. The typical issues are lag, stutter, random reboots, and a few. Lack of storage, excessive apps installed could be the reasons causing the performance issues. Here is what you need to do:
Boot your Nokia 7 in Safe Mode and check the problem. If it still persists, find the apps causing the performance issues and then uninstall them. Here is how to boot your phone into Safe Mode:
- Press the Power button to display the options
- Tap the Power Off option continuously until you see a prompt saying if you want to boot into Safe Mode
- Confirm your choice and then wait for your Nokia 7 to reboot into this mode
- There will not be any third-party apps working in Safe Mode. Now if you see your phone work fine, then the third party apps is absolutely the root of the problem.
You can also use the Greenify app from Play Store. It is a free app and controls the battery consumption and rogue apps. It will improve your device performance.