Snapchat has been adding some fun new features, which are popping up on the common messenger service. In its latest update, Snapchat allows users to choose from the new fonts as well as activate the “Do Not Disturb” mode. Here’s how you use these two features of Snapchat on Android devices.
Snapchat is the famous app in the crowded messenger market when it focuses on short-term multimedia content. It’s more interesting than other messenger apps. So if you don’t install already, then you can grab it from this link.
How to enable Do Not Disturb
Notifications are very annoying in some cases, especially when you are paying attention to something important. You are neglected by the notifications from certain contacts or groups on social networks. However, in the latest update, you can easily disable notifications from Snapchat contacts just by following these steps:
- Tap on the message icon at the left side of the screen or swipe from the left side of the screen and choose the ‘Friends’ section.
- Choose the person or that group chat that you want to mute the notification. Press down on it.
- There will be a menu with several options.
- Choose Settings and you will see another pop-up menu.
- Now, select Do Not Disturb and you will no longer receive any notification about new messages from the chosen people or group chats.
- If you want to turn notifications back on, just follow the same above steps and choose Turn On Notifications.
How to use new Snapchat fonts
It’s another new feature released in the latest Snapchat update, which seems to catch up with a similar feature that has recently been debuted on Instagram. After installing the update, you can use the new fonts on Snapchat easily. Here’s how to do it:
- First, take a photo from your main screen.
- Next, tap any blank space on the screen and the keyboard will appear.
- Above the keyboard, there will be a new row of different character styles for you to choose from.
- Scroll through the several options until you choose the font you like.
- Now try typing a message and you will see it appears on the screen with the selected font style.
- If you don’t tap off the text, you can also use the slider to adjust the font’s color, which locates at the top right corner of the interface.
- Once done, simply tap on the blue arrow button at the bottom right corner if you want to send the picture to your friends.
That’s all! If you have any questions, let’s know in the comment below.